Welcome to Mom + Mayhem: Why I Created This Space

 


I created this blog to give other unhinged, slightly feral moms a place to feel heard, safe, and accepted!

Let's face it, there aren't many places on the internet designed for the moms who pull up to the PTO meetings in checkered Vans blasting breakdowns. 

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what kind of content creator I am.

Am I a mom creator?

A lifestyle creator?

A book girl?

A spooky girl?

A homemaker?

A small-business owner?

An alternative mom?

The answer, I've realized, is... I'm all of those things. And that's exactly why I created this space.

I'm not the perfect Pinterest mom.

I don't have a perfectly clean home with ample lighting and a beautiful white kitchen... I have builder grade brown, stickers stuck to everything my kids can reach, and my couch has laundry on it at all times. 

My life is much more likely to involve someone needing a snack five minutes after eating, laundry that somehow multiplies overnight, dishes in the sink, a baby needing me, a book sitting somewhere I definitely shouldn't be reading, and me wondering how it's already time to sit back in a school pickup line. 

Motherhood is messy, loud, exhausting, and overwhelming. Most of the influencers hitting your FYP only show the good parts of parenting. I'm here to show you the good, bad, and ugly.

I'm still me.

One of the strangest parts of becoming a mom is realizing how easy it can be to lose pieces of yourself.

Suddenly I'm someone's wife, someone's mom, someone's personal ass wiper.

It's easy to forget that I'm still a person. 

I love loud music, concerts, spooky things, and really REALLY smutty books.

I don't think becoming a mom means that those things go away. In fact, I want my kids to grow up knowing that their mom is a whole person with passions, hobbies, dreams and her own weird little personality.

Welcome to the mayhem!

Stick around! I promise it'll be fun!

My goal is to share my raw, unhinged life with you.

That includes:
 
Mom wins... and losses

Unhinged content

Feral parenting

Book recommendations

Home decor, clothing, and essentials

Business wins and losses

New music as well as recommendations

Concert and festival content

And so much more!


Comments